How to get from Shanghai Airport (PVG) ✈️ to the City Center
Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG) is the largest airport of Shanghai and is located about 30 km east of the main city center. Upon arrival, you can reach downtown Shanghai by Express Train, Metro, Airport Bus, Taxi or Private Transfer.
This guide compares all available airport transfers at Shanghai Pudong Airport (PVG) according to classic travel factors. This includes travel time, cost per person (pp), a short route description and links to book or buy tickets.
Overview of all transfer options from Shanghai Airport to the City Center
|Express Train||8 Min.||US$ 7||Details|
|Metro||60 Min.||US$ 2||Details|
|Airport Bus||90 Min.||US$ 4||Details|
|Taxi||55 Min.||US$ 25||Details|
|55 Min.||US$ 70||Details|
• The optimal transfer depends on the number of travelers, budget and available time.
• Airport buses can be a first tour of the city, but is recommended only with light luggage.
• There may be waiting times at the taxi rank if there are high volume of passengers. In this case, a pre-booked transfer (e.g. via Private Transfer) is the more faster and comfortable option.
Shanghai Travel Tips (AD)
Travel tips and recommendations for a great stay in Shanghai:
Travel time:8 minutes
Cost:CNY 50 pp (around US$ 7)
Description:‘Maglev Express’ train from Pudong International Airport (Train station in front of Terminal 1 and 2) to “Longyang Road Station” (City West), here you can change to Metro ‘Line 2’ to downtown Shanghai
Travel time:60 minutes
Cost:CNY 15 pp (around US$ 2)
Description:Metro ‘Line 2’ from Pudong International Airport (Metro station in front of Terminal 1 and 2) – via “Longyang Road Station” – to “Century Avenue” and “People’s Square”, directly in the city center
Travel time:90 minutes
Cost:CNY 30 pp (around US$ 4)
Description:Airport Shuttle Bus ‘Lines 1-9’ from Pudong International Airport (Bus station in front of Terminal 1 and 2) to “Shanghai Railway Station”, “South Railway Station” and “People’s Square”, directly in the city center
Official local taxis
Travel time:55 minutes
Cost:CNY 180 (around US$ 25)
Description:Taxi from Pudong International Airport (Taxi ranks in front of Terminal 1 & 2) to central Shanghai or directly to your accommodation in the city center
Travel time:55 minutes
Cost:CNY 500 (around US$ 70)
Description:Comfortable private transfer (via GetYourGuide) from Pudong International Airport (Nameplate in the Arrival Hall) to central Shanghai or directly to your accommodation
Trip from Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG) to Central Shanghai (City Center)
Things to know about Shanghai:
1. The Shanghai Maglev is the fastest train in the world (430 km/h)
2. The world’s largest indoor ski resort is located in Shanghai
3. More people live in Shanghai than in the entire country of New Zealand